Header Ads Widget

Ab initio Calculations Using Wien2k Code

Last Posts

10/recent/ticker-posts

geometry optimization with spin-orbit interaction (from wien mailing list )

 
Dear All, 

I have a few questions about geometry optimization. Is it possible to do 
geometry optimization with spin-orbit interaction? If so how do I set it up? I 
tried the following: 
min_lapw -p -I -sp -i 160 -ec 0.0001 -cc 0.0001 -in1ef

But it didn't work. I would like to do a geometry optimization with the 
following scf options: 

runsp_lapw -p -i 160 -ec 0.0001 -cc 0.0001 -in1ef -so -I

I can only make the optimization working with the following options though

min_lapw -p -I -sp -i 160

It seems like that I can't (1) specify the s.o. option for geometry 
optimizations and (2) set the convergence criteria for energy and charge other 
than the default for geometry optimization. 

Thanks a lot for any help!

Zhiyong 
 
 
 
Dear Zhiyong Zhang, You can use '-j' option of min_lapw script (min_lapw -h :-) ). It will allow you to specify any runsp_lapw options you want.
In your case it will be:
* min_lapw -j "runsp_lapw -p -i 160 -ec 0.0001 -cc 0.0001 -in1ef -so -I"
* I usually use this way and don't have any problem. I hope that will help you.
Best regards, 
Maxim Rakitin 
 
WARNING:   Forces on atoms with SO are NOT CORRECT !
This is documented at several places!
 
What you can do is to remove SO for "light" atoms in case.inso and then optimized 
only the positions of these atoms (constrain the "SO"-atoms in case.inM by putting 0 0 0 
0 into the corresponding line).
 
Reference: https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg03285.html 

Post a Comment

0 Comments